The heat dissipation problem of LED is the most troublesome problem for LED manufacturers, but aluminum substrate can be used, because aluminum has high thermal conductivity and good heat dissipation, which can effectively export internal heat. Aluminum substrate is a unique metal based copper clad laminate, which has good thermal conductivity, electrical insulation performance and mechanical processing performance. In the design, the PCB should be close to the aluminum base as much as possible, so as to reduce the thermal resistance of the sealant.
First, the characteristics of aluminum substrate
1. surface mount technology (SMT);
2. in the circuit design scheme, the heat diffusion is very effective treatment;
3., reduce the operation temperature of products, improve the power density and reliability of products, extend the service life of products;
4. reduce product size and reduce hardware and assembly costs;
5. replace brittle ceramic substrate to obtain better mechanical endurance.
Two. The structure of aluminum substrate
Aluminum based copper clad laminate is a kind of metal circuit board material, composed of copper foil, thermal insulation layer and metal substrate, and its structure is divided into three layers:
Cireuitl.Layer circuit layer: equivalent to ordinary PCB CCL, line copper foil thickness LOZ to 10oz.
DiELcctricLayer insulation layer: insulating layer is a low thermal conductivity insulation material.
BaseLayer base: it is a metal substrate, usually aluminum or optional copper. Aluminum based copper clad laminate and traditional epoxy glass cloth laminate etc..
The circuit layer (i.e. copper foil) usually after etching to form a printed circuit, which are connected with each other in various parts of components, in general, require a circuit layer current carrying capacity greatly, and should use the thick copper foil thickness of 35 mu m~280 mu m; thermal insulation layer is the core technology of aluminum substrate, it generally, a special polymer filled by special ceramic thermal resistance small, viscoelastic properties, thermal aging ability, able to withstand mechanical and thermal stress.
High performance thermal insulation layer of aluminum substrate is the use of this technology, which has very good thermal conductivity and high strength of the electrical insulation performance; metal base is a supporting member of aluminum substrate, with high thermal conductivity, usually aluminum, can also use the copper copper (which can provide better thermal conductivity), suitable for drilling, punching, cutting and other conventional mechanical processing. Compared with other materials, PCB has incomparable advantages. Suitable for power element surface mount SMT public art. Without heat sink, the volume is greatly reduced, the heat dissipation effect is excellent, good insulation performance and mechanical properties.
Three, the use of aluminum substrate:
Uses: power hybrid IC (HIC).
1. audio equipment: input and output amplifier, balanced amplifier, audio amplifier, preamplifier, power amplifier and so on.
2. power supply equipment: switch regulator, `DC/AC converter, `SW regulator, etc..
3. communication electronic equipment: high frequency amplifier, filter circuit, electrical telegraphy.
4. office automation equipment: motor driver, etc..
5. car: electronic regulator, ignitor, power controller, etc..
6. computer: CPU board \ "floppy disk driver \" power supply device, etc..
7. power module: converter, solid relay, rectifier bridge, etc..